It has been a great day! I saw a promotion on the internet, the a promotion (Pre-launch) to purchase the new Papago Z1 at RM488, instead of it’s RRP of RM599. If anyone’s interested, here is the link:
Before i start, here’s the promotion brochure.
And, here is the specifications..
- Processor : SiRF Atlas-V, ARM11 500MHz Dual Core CPU
- Memory : 128Mb DDR2 RAM, 4Gb Flash
- OS : Microsoft Windows CE 6.0
- Display : Touch Screen, 5” TFT LCD, 480 x 272 pixel
- GPS : SiRF
- Antenna : Patch Antenna
- Battery : 1,500mAH Rechargeable Li0Polymer Battery
- Car Charger : Input 12V DC, Output 5V, 1.5A
- Dimension : 130 x 85 x 15 mm
- Weight : 194g
- Car Mount : YES
- Memory Slot : Micro SD
What is in the Box?
- 1 x Unit of PAPAGO! Z1
- 1 x Vehicle Suction Mount
- 1 x Car Charger
- 1 x USB Cable
- 1 x User Manual
- Preloaded with PAPAGO! X9 Navigational Software, 5 country maps including Malaysia, Singapore, Thailand, Brunei and Indonesia
Alright, here’s the condition i received it.. via GD Express. i had the parcel delivered to my office..
Nice, they even wrapped it with bubble foam..
OK.. here is the items included in the box.. just as they said on the website..
1. Car suction mount- checked.
2. Papago Factory Backup Disk + Digital Manual in CD- checked.
3. USB Cable- checked.
4. Car Charger- checked.
5. Warranty Card- checked.
6. Quick Start Guide- checked
7. Stylus- checked (although i have no idea where to slot this in, on the PND.. there isnt any “hole” for the stylus
8. PAPAGO Z1 PND- checked.
I noticed there is a warning sticker on the PND, asking me to let it charge at least for 10 minutes before i first use it.. SOOOO.. alright, plugged in the unit into my PC’s USB slot and let it charge..
Thats all for now.. more on actual usage and a review of its X9 interface..